The search for an effective vaccine against Lassa fever has gained momentum in recent years. Currently, early supportive care and the anti-viral drug Ribavirin are the primary methods of patient treatment. Lassa fever has long been a public health concern in Nigeria and parts of West Africa, since the disease was first identified in 1969. TheNovember 22, 2023
Benedict Nwogoh Zubaida Farouk Sophia Osawe Evaezi Okpokoro Abdulmumin Ibrahim Benedict Nwogoh Benedict Nwogoh Dr. Benedict Nwogoh is a Consultant Hematologist at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH), Benin City, Nigeria and an Associate Professor of Hematology at the Department of Hematology, University of Benin, Benin City, Nigeria. He is a medical graduate ofOctober 8, 2023
Onboarding of the 4th cohort of the Growing Expertise in E-health Knowledge and Skills (GEEKS) Fellowship
The Institute of Human Virology Nigeria is excited to announce the onboarding of the 4th cohort of the Growing Expertise in E-health Knowledge and Skills (GEEKS) Fellowship which took place in Lagos on the 3rd to 7th of July, 2023. GEEKS is a one-year, competency-based, health informatics fellowship programme, funded by the U.S. Centers forJuly 20, 2023
The International Research Center of Excellence (IRCE) is a Center of Excellence established in 2015 by the Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) to promote public/private partnership for quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa. The actualization of IRCE epitomizes the vision of IHVN and its prime position as leader inJune 1, 2023
The International Center of Excellence (IRCE) is a center of excellence established in 2016 by the Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN) to provide a common world class platform for the implementation of research and clinical trials at international standards as part of global networks.
- To provide opportunities for young Nigerian researchers to develop and execute research projects being mentored by more experienced investigators at IHVN, Nigerian universities, the diaspora, and international research institutions and universities.
- To provide a common world class platform for the implementation of research and clinical trials at international standards as part of global networks
- To foster collaboration and synergism between Nigeria’s finest researchers and their counterparts at international research institutions and universities
- To provide a safety net that protects IHVN and its collaborators from liability by proactively ensuring that research conducted at IHVN is under the highest scientific and ethical standards.
- To establish a training hub that facilitates individual and institutional learning through training and capacity building courses and programs that provide a platform for researchers to gain requisite skills necessary to excel in research and in long term career goals.